There are currently quite a few hair restoration treatments available. Some of them are far more effective than others. Unfortunately, there are procedures that generally fail to provide any results at all. One of the most effective hair transplant procedures is a revolutionary new system called NeoGraft. The results of the treatment are excellent with no stitches or scalpel necessary due to the (FUE) follicular unit extraction technique. This is the only FUE harvesting and implantation system to ever receive clearance from the FDA for hair restoration. The reason this system is considered so unique is that hair follicles are automatically collected during the follicular unit extraction. The technique used dramatically increases both the speed and accuracy of the procedure as opposed to performing every step by hand. The system enables both men and women to achieve effective results. The system used for hair restoration takes less time than having a traditional FUE procedure. The new technology enables the easy removal of individual follicles from areas of the scalp where the densest hair is located. The need for removing hair follicles in large strips from the back of the scalp has been completely eliminated. This is an older process that often caused undesirable linear scarring on the scalp. A full head of hair can be restored using the NeoGraft FUE system with no signs of scarring including linear scars from the transplant process. This method is exceptionally successful for offering an artistic and precise placement of the new follicles of hair. The final result is a hairline with an attractive and natural appearance and additional density. In comparison to the more traditional processes used for hair transplantation, Fue has been proven over time to have a shorter and easier period of recovery. When the FUE procedure is combined with this system, the surgical removal of each individual hair, the collection of the hairs and the hair follicle placement all become automated. The donor hair follicles are always taken from the areas of the scalp containing good hair growth. This means the chances of hair growth continuing in the new location are good. A healthy growth cycle is experienced by the transplanted hair because living and clinically grown tissues are being used. Once the placement of the hair follicle in the desired location has been completed, the hair will remain in place for approximately two to three weeks prior to falling out. The system enables the growth of new hair. During the next three or four months, new hair growth should become visible. After this point, the new hair will keep growing naturally. This provides cosmetically pleasing results lasting for a lifetime. The best candidates for this system have a mild to moderate loss of hair, are in overall good health and have enough hair on the back of the scalp to use as donor’s hair. Having a complete understanding of the FUE procedure is just as important as having a reasonable expectation for the final results. The best possible outcomes come from individuals with a thicker density of hair or more donor hair. The individual should also be interested in hair transplant results with a natural appearance in addition to the option of wearing their hair short on the sides and the back. The FUE system is ideal for individuals needing low activity restrictions such as those with a physically strenuous job, participating in vigorous exercise regimens and all different types of athletes. If the individual has had a linear harvest procedure in the past, this system is ideal for any corrections necessary. The FUE technique is also a good option for covering up any scarring resulting from poor transplant results from one of the earlier procedures used for hair transplants. The system is also appropriate for the restoration of hair somewhere else on the body such as the legs, chest or arms. The combination of the NeoGrafty system and the FUE transplant procedure provides good results for the long term. The hairline will be full with a natural appearance in the areas that were transplanted. Although the actual density of the hair is not exactly the same for each individual, the results often last for a lifetime. The system used for hair restoration is considered an ongoing process. This is because hair loss can continue after the transplant. This will depend on what is causing the hair loss. To continue seeing the desired results can necessitate continued maintenance, more transplant sessions in the future, prescription medications for hair loss or a combination of some or all of these options. During the initial consultation session, the medical professional will figure out what is causing the specific pattern of balding and the potential cause. The number of procedures required to obtain the desired results can then be estimated. The grafting technique is based on simple science. Since the hair on the back of the head will continue to grow naturally, this is where the hair follicles are removed. The transplanted hair is held by follicles that are living tissues with cyclical growth. Once the implantation of the normal hair follicle into the balding area has been completed, this hair will stay in place for approximately two or three weeks before starting to shed. This is an important and normal part of the growth process. The new hair growth should start about three or four months after shedding. The hair will keep growing naturally. The results appear both natural and healthy. The transplantation will not stop the hair loss. This is why maintenance and additional sessions are generally necessary, especially if the balding pattern resulted from age. If the individual wants more density or the progressive loss continues, additional transplants will be required. Since this procedure is minimally invasive, the restoration of growing and living hair through transplantation is a good option for both men and women. Unlike past procedures, a complete buzz cut is no longer required. If the individual prefers to wear their hair long, the harvesting procedure can be accomplished by shaving small areas. These areas are easily hidden by the existing hair. If the individual wears their hair shorter, shaving the hair close will provide the best yield for the transplant. The new growth will appear natural much sooner because the transplanted grafts will also be shorter. The Procedure for NeoGraft One of the key reasons so many individuals have chosen this procedure is because both the recovery period and the actual procedure are generally shorter than with the traditional methods. The length of time the individual spends in the office of the medical professional depends on how many grafts must be harvested and transplanted. In most cases, the procedure requires five hours or less. There are two main components to this procedure. The first is when the hair follicles are harvested. The second is when the hair follicles are placed into the thinning or balding areas of the scalp. The harvesting procedure begins when the individual remains facedown for roughly two to four hours. During this portion of the procedure, a local anesthetic will be used by the medical professional on the donor site or the back of the scalp. The state-of-the-art FUE device is used for the extraction of the individual follicular groupings from the donor site. During this period of time, many individuals watch Netflix, read a book or simply fall asleep. The medical professional will make certain the individual remains comfortable during the harvesting phase. Once the extraction of the follicles is complete, the individual can relax, grab a bite to eat or use the restroom. The second portion of the procedure does not have to begin immediately. Most people do enjoy a break at this point. Once the individual is ready, the placement portion of the procedure begins. This is when the individual is literally given back their own hair. The recipient area or the thinning or balding section of the scalp is anesthetized locally while the individual is sitting in an upright position. A natural-looking pattern is used for the placement of the extracted hair follicles. This placement is determined between the individual and the medical professional during the initial consultation. The amount of time needed for this part of the process depends on how much hair is being replaced and the goals of the individual. During this time, the individual can talk with the people around them, keep reading their book, play on their phone or listen to music. The choice is up to each person. The biggest concern most people have after a traditional hair transplant is the length of time required for recovery. The NeoGraft procedure enables most individuals to go back to their regular activities in just a few days. Only seven to ten days are necessary for the transplanted hair to be rooted safely beneath the scalp. At this point, there will be enough length in the hair to hide the donor site. The donor site is now virtually undetectable and nobody will be able to tell a hair transplant procedure was performed. The Benefits of NeoGraft • Exceptional Results: As opposed to the older techniques, this procedure provides natural results and no visible scarring. The method used for hair transplantation provides men and women with the ability to proudly show off their hair in nearly any style.
• Natural Hair Growth: The procedure covers thinning or balding areas with natural hair as opposed to synthetic hair transplants, spray-ons or toupees. By using areas of the scalp with a thicker growth of hair and transplanting only healthy follicles, the greatest density of hair coverage is achieved. There are no restrictions for styling or growing the hair. The hair simply looks natural and feels great.
• Fast Recovery: One of the best benefits of NeoGraft in comparison to the older procedures is the period of recovery. Most individuals only have to wait a few days before resuming their normal schedules. Shortly afterward, the donor site becomes virtually undetectable.
• Advanced Technology: This system uses the latest in automated technology with the least invasive technique available for hair transplantation. The combination of light suction and a coring process is used to extract the hair for transplant. This decreases any damage to the follicles to effectively increase the take rate.
• No Scalpel: The traditional methods for hair restoration were all based on using a scalpel. Healthy hair follicles were harvested in either clumps or strips. Unfortunately, these methods often resulted in unwanted scarring of the scalp. Not only does this procedure minimize both potential scarring and pain, but it is also more effective. During this procedure, in excess of 95% of the healthy follicles will survive the hair transplant. This means the hair coverage is a lot better.
• The Effectiveness: Out of all the hair restoration procedures currently available, this one has the highest current success rate. This is an excellent option for many different reasons. The best reason of all is the procedure works.
• Gentle Process: In comparison to the other procedures for hair transplants, the individuals who have experienced this procedure said they felt little to no discomfort. This is because the procedure is performed using a local anesthetic, there are no scalpel incisions and no staples.
• The Versatility of the Procedure: This procedure is effective for all hair and skin types and both men and women. For individuals who had a strip procedure during the past, this is an excellent option for hair restoration. Get In Touch with Us for More Information To learn more about the NeoGraft procedure, please feel free to reach out and make an appointment with New England Center for Hair Restoration. At our convenient locations in North Attleboro and Westwood, we are proud to serve Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. Our caring and dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain this option to you in full and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!